Bug Reports
"Fill in the blank" only works after next class is taken [bug] [solved]

After a class (e.g. 71) I can NOT work on "Fill in the blank", as it says, it is already completed: "Congratulations! You have completed all of the fill in the blank". However, this is incorrect.

After the next class the status is fixed and I can complete the homework. So I have to wait until I have completed lesson (72 in that very example). The other Homework features are not affected - they work (e.g. Vocabulary).

Edit: Updated today with screenshots for classes 139/140

Before class 140 and after 139 I can not complete "Fill in the blank". It appears as it is already done, which simply is wrong. The system however thinks it is already completed.

61841d50ceb98
61841d512387b

Now as 140 is completed, I get the "homework ready" email. All of a sudden I can complete "fill in the blank" of 139, but 140 is marked as completed (again wrong). As a result I can now complete 139. So I am one class behind.

61841dca807dd

Note the repeating issue: Now "Fill in the blank" of 140 is already marked as completed (wrong, not yet completed), while 139 suddenly is unmarked (now correct).

After I eventually complete 139, it behaves correctly and is marked as completed correctly. So that part works as expected. Only I can not do it directly after class 139 but only after 140.

Wonder if this is is related to this bug .

After a class (e.g. 71) I can NOT work on "Fill in the blank", as it says, it is already completed: "Congratulations! You have completed all of the fill in the blank". However, this is incorrect. After the next class the status is fixed and I can complete the homework. So I have to wait until I have completed lesson (72 in that very example). The other Homework features are not affected - they work (e.g. Vocabulary). **Edit: Updated today with screenshots for classes 139/140** Before class 140 and after 139 I can not complete "Fill in the blank". It appears as it is already done, which simply is wrong. The system however thinks it is already completed. ![61841d50ceb98](serve/attachment&path=61841d50ceb98) ![61841d512387b](serve/attachment&path=61841d512387b) Now as **140** is completed, I get the "homework ready" email. All of a sudden I can complete "fill in the blank" of **139**, but 140 is marked as completed (again wrong). As a result I can now complete 139. So I am one class behind. ![61841dca807dd](serve/attachment&path=61841dca807dd) Note the repeating issue: Now "Fill in the blank" of 140 is already marked as completed (wrong, not yet completed), while 139 suddenly is unmarked (now correct). After I eventually complete 139, it behaves correctly and is marked as completed correctly. So that part works as expected. Only I can not do it directly after class 139 but only after 140. Wonder if this is [is related to this bug ](Wonder if this is https://forum.octb.us/index.php?u=/topic/10/progress-of-multiple-choice-frozen-at-3-bug ) .
edited Nov 18 '21 at 1:32 pm

Hi KWB, the reason why homework becomes available is because:

1. sometimes teachers do not submit the lesson until later, because they run out of time during the lesson. So the delay would be as long as it takes them to go back and complete the lesson.
  2. It takes a little time for the platform to process

Hi KWB, the reason why homework becomes available is because: 1. sometimes teachers do not submit the lesson until later, because they run out of time during the lesson. So the delay would be as long as it takes them to go back and complete the lesson. 1. It takes a little time for the platform to process

Hello, Klaus!

"Fill in the blank" is getting available when your teacher makes some corrections in a lesson conversations.
You can check the lesson 140:
platform.octb.us/individuals/lesson/74381e201857e40af423ee3c34cbce8f
Here you can see that there is no corrections was made.

In the lesson 139 you can see some corrections:
platform.octb.us/individuals/lesson/40911268a515754f193f56d5a94cff55
This is why you could do the "Fill in the blank" for this lesson.

So you can always check the last lesson for the corrections and expect the "Fill in the blank" excercise based on this.

I hope it helps smile

Hello, Klaus! "Fill in the blank" is getting available when your teacher makes some corrections in a lesson conversations. You can check the lesson 140: platform.octb.us/individuals/lesson/74381e201857e40af423ee3c34cbce8f Here you can see that there is no corrections was made. In the lesson 139 you can see some corrections: platform.octb.us/individuals/lesson/40911268a515754f193f56d5a94cff55 This is why you could do the "Fill in the blank" for this lesson. So you can always check the last lesson for the corrections and expect the "Fill in the blank" excercise based on this. I hope it helps :)

HI Klaus,

We found an issue that you referred to and it should be working properly again. Thanks for your patience.

Vladimir

HI Klaus, We found an issue that you referred to and it should be working properly again. Thanks for your patience. Vladimir

Thanks, I can confirm it has been solved. A small detail is left, I just describe it here if you want to fix that as well, however this is no longer a real issue for me.

As you can see in the screenshot, the status of "FILL IN THE BLANK" remains a dot (or no icon at all), even though the task is completed. Other parts (e.g. MC) have a green tick when done. But as just said, minor detail

So thank you! Also to the others who have responded, but my issue was a software "real bug".

61969d1b83262

Thanks, I can confirm it has been solved. A small detail is left, I just describe it here if you want to fix that as well, however this is no longer a real issue for me. As you can see in the screenshot, the status of "FILL IN THE BLANK" remains a dot (or no icon at all), even though the task is completed. Other parts (e.g. MC) have a green tick when done. But as just said, minor detail So thank you! Also to the others who have responded, but my issue was a software "real bug". ![61969d1b83262](serve/attachment&path=61969d1b83262)
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft